THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD
2014 ONE HUNDRED DAYS FAST
Options for completing 100-Day fast for RCCG members worldwide beginning 2nd January 2014:
(1) Fast for 100 days & break daily at 6pm;
(2) Take only liquid while fasting for 30 days (this is equivalent to the complete 100-day fast);
(3) Take only liquid while fasting for 21 days (this is equivalent to 63 days of the 100-day fast);
(4) Take only liquid while fasting for 14 days (this is equivalent to one  month of the 100-day fast); and
(5) Take only liquid while fasting for 7 days (this is equivalent to 14 days of the 100-day fast).
2 Kings 13:15-19
“And Elisha said unto him, Take bow and arrows. And he took unto him bow and arrows. And he said to the king of Israel; Put thine hand upon the bow. And he put his hand upon it: and Elisha put his hands upon the king’s hands. And he said, Open the window eastward. And he opened it. Then Elisha said, Shoot. And he shot. And he said, The arrow of the Lord’s deliverance, and the arrow of deliverance from Syria: for thou shalt smite the Syrians in Aphek, till thou have consumed them. And he said, Take the arrows. And he took them. And he said unto the king of Israel, Smite upon the ground. And he smote thrice, and stayed. And the man of God was wroth with him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten five or six times; then hadst thou smitten Syria till thou hadst consumed it: whereas now thou shalt smite Syria but thrice.” (KJV)
The ‘bow and arrows‘ in the days of Elisha could be seen today as ‘fasting and prayers’. Like the Syrianns in Aphek, there are enemies in our land, in our family, in the Church and even in our lives that must be smitten. The siege is inevitable if they are not totally destroyed.
As we take our bow and arrows, we will not shoot for awhile and stop like the king of Israel erroneously acted. But we will shoot again and again “till every foe is vanquished and Christ is Lord indeed.”
These One Hundred Days of fasting and prayers are days of “the arrow of the Lord’s deliverance, and the arrow of deliverance from our enemies: we shalt smite the enemies around us till we have consumed them. Read more