Tag Archive for blessings
The Wonders of Divine Blessings by Pastor E.A. Adeboye (Summary of RCCG July 2013 Holy Ghost Service)
TEXT: Genesis 12:1-3
When a man is blessed of God, his friends are blessed and his enemies are in trouble because God says He will bless them that bless him, and curse him that curse him.
Abraham was a blessed man, his servant testified to this in Genesis 24:35 saying “And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.”
There are two basic definition blessings
1) When all needs are met and something extra comes with it. The bible says in Psalm 23:5 “Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.” When the cup is running over, then we are talking of blessings.
2) A spiritual definition o f blessing is a summon to all forces on earth, in heaven, underneath the earth to come and assist somebody so that the person will succeed and excel. Read more
By Pastor E.A. Adeboye
- Praise Him for the previous blessings
- Father! command Your blessings on my family tonight
- Father, please send help to me from heaven above
- Father, please send help to me from the four corners of the World.
- Father, all those trying to tamper with Your Blessings in my life, frustrate them
- Father, Bless me irreversibly
- Father, please empower me to obey You completely from now on and forever
- Father turn me into a mighty blessing to the whole world
- Father, let my children be more blessed than I am
- Father, bless my neighbours, bless my nation, and bless Your Church
- Personal Prayer requests
By Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Memorise: He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and spareth not. Proverbs 21:26
Read: Proverbs 21:25-26
Several years ago, someone came to my office and gave me an envelope containing N100 with a note. On the note wrote. “I did not want to give you this money but God said I must”. I told the Lord, “I don’t need this N100 now, why did you compel this man to give it to me?” When I got no answer, I kept it. Later that evening, a man came from Kwara state, Nigeria and after we had discussed, he asked to spend the night in my house which I obliged him. The following day, he told me he had no transport fare, and then I remembered the N100 given to me and I gave it to him. About a week later, another fellow sent me an envelope containing N100 but without a note. So I knew that this second gift was for me.
God is looking for those who would be His treasurers and channels of blessings. As He finds them, He will pour on them financial blessings so that they can bless others in need. Are you one of God’s treasurers? God operates by principles. Luke 6:38 says the way to get is by giving. Many of us ask why the Muslims are so rich when they do not have Jesus Christ. Some of them practice the principle of giving and they receive more in the process. They may be doing it the wrong way, yet, as long as they give, they will have more. If you go to the house of a rich man in the northern Nigeria, you will see how many people would be gathered outside early in the morning. As soon as he comes out, they will greet him and he in return will give them money or food. You may say they are doing it to show off or for ulterior motives; motives aside, some poor are getting blessed. God wants to help the poor and He will use anybody who makes himself or herself ready. According to today’s Bible reading, the righteous man is identified by his giving. The one who always gives never lacks what to give. The one who is always sowing will never lack seed to sow. Some people will say they will begin to give when they are rich. If you don’t give when you are poor, you may find it difficult to give when you are rich. How often do you give to others?
When what you were meant to give out remains with you, it becomes stale and stagnant.
Bible in one year: Matthew 23-25