President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed sadness over the death of a mother and her child as a result of an oil tanker accident in Onitsha, in Anambra State. Reacting to
The Federal Fire Service (FFS) has said that a mob stopped its men from getting to the scene of Wednesday’s fire incident at Ochanja Market, Onitsha, in Anambra. Spokesperson of
Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra, has sympathised with the family of a woman and her child burnt to death in a truck accident in Onitsha, the commercial city of the
Chief Edward Onoja, Chief of Staff to Gov. Yahaya Bello, has resigned his position less than one month to the Kogi governorship election. Onoja resigned to enable him emerge as
James Hope College Acquires American International School Lagos Property, Offers Full Scholarship To 40% Of Students
The James Hope College (JHC) has announced the acquisition of the American International School Lagos (AISL) Lekki Campus facility to establish James Hope College in Lagos. This was disclosed at
Lagos State governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has re-ordered the 2019 Budget of the state with a letter to the State Assembly seeking a loan of N250 Billion. According to the letter
The Chairman of Lagos State Universal Basic Education Board, LASUBEB, Mr. Wahab Alawiye-King has advised parents to expose their children to basic education at an early stage, saying that early
Presidential candidate of the Young Progressives Party (YPP) in the 2019 presidential election, Prof. Kingsley Moghalu has resigned from the party. Moghalu who announced his resignation from the party via
. . . Contractors Directed To Move To Affected Roads Lagos State Government has declared a state of emergency on various dilapidated highways and carriage roads within the State with
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the re-appointment of Mr Segun Adeyemi and Mr Williams Adeleye as his Special Assistants (Media) attached to the Office of the Minister of Information and Culture.
Mr Joe Mutah, the Chief Press Secretary to information and culture minister, Alhaji Lai Mohammed disclosed this in a statement issued in Abuja on Tuesday.
He said the re-appointment letters of the two SSAs, which were signed by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr Boss Mustapha, stated that their appointment took effect from Sept., 6 2019.
Adeyemi and Adeleye served in the same capacity between November 2015 and May 2019.
President Muhammadu Buhari has dissolved the Special Presidential Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property (SPIP) as currently constituted with Mr. Okoi Obono-Obla as Chairman.
The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice has been directed to immediately take over all outstanding investigations and other activities of the SPIP.
The panel was established in August 2017 by the then Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN to investigate specifically mandated cases of corruption, abuse of office and similar offences by public officers.
President Buhari thanks all members of the dissolved panel for their services.
The President looks forward to receiving the final Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC) report on the ongoing investigations of the dissolved panel’s Chairman.
South African authorities have granted landing permit to Air Peace Flight B777 to enable it to evacuate some 320 Nigerians escaping from xenophobia in that country, a Nigerian consular officer has confirmed.
Nigeria’s Consul- General in Johannesburg, Mr Godwin Adama, made the confirmation in a telephone interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday.
Adama spoke against the background of a complaint by the Managing Director of Air Peace, Chief Allen Onyema.
Onyema had said that the refusal of South Africa to grant the permit made it impossible for the flight to leave Lagos at 1 a.m. for Johannesburg to convey the second batch of returnees.
But Adama said the permit had been granted the airline and that the flight would be late in the night of Tuesday.
Adama said, “They want Nigerians to arrive during the week, they are taking-off from here midnight.
Oyo State Governor, Mr Seyi Makinde, has described his victory at the Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal as the triumph of truth over falsehood.
The governor stated this in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Taiwo Adisa, on Monday, in Ibadan.
Makinde was reacting to the tribunal judgment that gave him victory in a petition instituted against him by Mr Adebayo Adelabu, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the March 9 governorship election.
He said that he did not expect anything less from the Tribunal ”because truth is always constant.”
The governor expressed appreciation to the people of the state for standing by him before, during and after the election.
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday met behind closed doors with the South African President’s Special Envoy, Mr Jeff Radebe, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports the Special Envoy, who was accompanied by South African High Commissioner to Nigeria, Bobby J. Moroe, arrived the State House at about 2.15p.m, and moved straight to the president’s office.
President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa had last week decided to dispatch the Special Envoys to Nigeria and six other African countries mostly affected by the xenophobic attacks on foreign nationals including Nigerians in his country.
A statement released by South African government spokesman, Khusela Diko, at the weekend, said: “The special envoys will deliver a message from President Ramaphosa regarding the incidents of violence that recently erupted in some parts of South Africa, which have manifested in attacks on foreign nationals and destruction of property.’’ Read more
LIVE VIDEO: RCCG 2019 Annual Youth Convention – #HisPowerAndGlory
Trusting God for a convention like no other.
RCCG Annual Young Adults and Youth Convention 2019 is upon us.
This year we will be dwelling on “His Power and Glory” having received power to be Indomitable.
God is ready,
We are Ready,
Are you Ready?
VENUE: Old Arena, Redemption Camp, Km 46 Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Ogun State, Nigeria.
Ministering: Pastor E. A. Adeboye and other anointed men of God.
Senator Dino Melaye has rejected the appointment as the Director-General of the Kogi State Governorship Campaign Council by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Melaye reacted to this via his Twitter handle @dino_melaye on Friday
He said that though the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan had told newsmen that he would be the DG of Kogi State Governorship Campaign Council for the party.
“Let me state categorically that I have turned down the position of Director-General of the PDP Kogi State Governorship Campaign Council. I wish PDP all the best. When truth is a casualty there is chaos. Senator Dino Melaye”
Let me state categorically that I have turned down the position of Director-General of the PDP Kogi State Governorship Campaign Council. I wish PDP all the best. When truth is a casualty there is chaos. Senator Dino Melaye
— Senator Dino Melaye. (SDM) (@dino_melaye) September 13, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari Thursday in Abuja assured Nigerians that the Federal Government will not inflict additional hardship on citizens, rather it will keep seeking ways to ameliorate their sufferings and create a more enabling environment for everyone to thrive.
“On fuel prices, I agree with you on the need to eliminate corruption and inefficiencies in the sector. I want to assure you that, as an Administration, we have no intention of inflicting any additional hardship on Nigerians,’’ President Buhari told the new executive of Trade Union Congress led by its President, Comrade Quadri Olaleye, at the State House.
The President said the Federal Government remains committed to the implementation of the national minimum wage, pointing out that the inaugural Federal Executive Council meeting held on Wednesday focused on the Medium-Term Expenditure Framework, which included discussions around the new minimum wage.
“During our first term, we secured the nation’s territorial integrity and continue to protect the lives and properties of our citizens. We introduced various economic stimulus packages that support businesses and traders at all levels, promoted backward integration programmes especially in the agricultural sector to enhance our food security while creating jobs.
“We embarked on the most ambitious infrastructure development and rehabilitation projects this country has seen in decades. We also introduced the largest Social Investment Program in Sub-Saharan Africa.
“Although these programs and many more successfully lifted Nigeria out of recession, the full impact is yet to be felt. In the next four years, we shall sustain this momentum and by the grace of God, lift millions of Nigerians out of poverty,’’ he said.
President Buhari, who noted that his administration will work hard to improve the livelihood of citizens, said most of the inherited challenges were avoidable, if some previous governments had been keener on investing on infrastructure and human capacity.
“The points you raised are all interconnected. The lack of power and infrastructure due to decades of under-investment led to the closure or inefficient operations of a number of factories across the country. This meant the private sector was unable to create jobs fast enough to cope with our increasing population.
“You will agree with me that, all these challenges and many more were long ago left unattended to, thereby leaving the country in the mired state we inherited. You all will also testify to having seen and experienced what we have put in place as an administration to address these challenges,’’ the President added.
In his remarks, the President of TUC advised the Federal Government to pay more attention on the welfare of Nigerians by avoiding increase of fuel price and ensuring implementation of the National Minimum Wage, which had been delayed by negotiations on the consequential adjustments.
“We are, however, disturbed that the enthusiasm is turning into a nightmare,’’ he said, urging the President to focus on poverty reduction and improving security.
Olaleye assured the President that TUC will support the government as it tackles challenges facing the country, commending him for increase in Internally Generated Revenue, steps on the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and signing of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement.
The Managing Director of the Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA), Dr. Muyiwa Gbadegesin, has again urged residents to imbibe the culture of waste sorting at source by dropping all recyclable items in one bag and other waste items in another. This comes on the heels of the recently launched Blue Box Program of the state government.
He spoke at Orile bus stop during a road show organized by LAWMA along Lagos Badagry Expressway, to create awareness among residents and to distribute waste bags to them.
According to him, the Authority embarked on the massive sensitization program, to draw the attention of residents in the area to the need for proper sanitation and cleaner surroundings.
RCCG Festival of Life Middle East 2019 – United Arab Emirates
DATE: Friday, 13th September 2016
THEME: LET THE FIRE FALL
VENUE: Festival Arena, Festival City, United Arab Emirates, Dubai
MINISTERING: Pastor E.A. Adeboye, The General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God & other anointed men of God
President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC) on the president’s victory at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal.
The tribunal on Wednesday dismissed the petition by the Peoples Democratic Party and its candidate, Atiku Abubakar, in its entirety.
Lawan in a statement on Wednesday by his Spokesperson, Ola Awoniyi said that the judgment had put a judicial seal on the mandate freely given to the president by Nigerians in the Feb.23 presidential election.
Lawan urged the president to accept the affirmation of his election as a reminder of the confidence of Nigerians in his capacity to continue to lead the country to greatness.
The senate president said Nigerian people had great expectations from the “Next Level Agenda” of the president and further pledged full cooperation of the National Assembly in the pursuit of the best interest of the Nigerian people.
Lawan also commended the petitioners for using the judicial window prescribed by the constitution in seeking redress for their grievances and urged them to join hands with the government and the Nigerian people in the important task of nation-building.
President Muhammadu Buhari says the ruling of the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal on the February 23, 2019 poll, is victory for Nigerians who trooped out to overwhelmingly elect him for a second term in office.
“Good conscience fears no evil report. I was unperturbed all along, because I knew Nigerians freely gave us the mandate. We are now vindicated,” the President declares.
He dedicates the victory to God, and to Nigerians, while also commending the judiciary for “dispensing justice without fear or favour.”
Today’s ruling is a well-deserved victory for Nigerians who trooped out overwhelmingly to elect us for a second term in office. I was unperturbed all along, because I knew Nigerians freely gave us the mandate. We are now vindicated!
— Muhammadu Buhari (@MBuhari) September 11, 2019
The Presidential Election Petition Court (PEPC) on Wednesday declared that there was no evidence that INEC transmitted the results of the 2019 presidential election electronically to any server.
Delivering judgement on the matter, the chairman of the tribunal Justice Mohammed Garba said that the petitioners – PDP and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar failed to prove the existence of an INEC server or that the electoral commission transmitted results electronically.
The court held that there was no law in place in Nigeria that allows electronic transmission of results or the transmission of result using card reader going by the electoral act.
“I have carefully examined and examined Exhibit 28 (INEC Manual for Election) tendered by the petitioners, I did not see where there is provision for electronic transmission of result of election,” Justice Garba said.
As another school year beckons, Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC, a member of Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, has introduced a suite of educational payment products that will ease the burden of school fees which parents and guardians have to bear. Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC, being a Nigerian bank, specifically developed the educational products, taking cognisance of the country’s cultural nuances.
The first of the solutions is the EZ cash loan/advance. Parents and wards who are strapped for cash at the point when school fees payment are due, can take advantage of the EZ cash loan which gives access to loans, in less than a minute, to pre-approved customers.
Salaried employees can also take advantage of Salary Advance (SALAD), another of the bank’s short term loans that are quick and easy to get. Another of Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC’s educational products is an international money transfer solution for payment of school fees and allowances abroad. Added to that are prepaid cards which can be preloaded with pocket money for children/wards, while the credit cards, which currently offer a 55-day interest moratorium, can be used to seamlessly pay school fees.
Dr. Demola Sogunle, Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC, said that the bank attaches a high premium to learning, hence the need to develop solutions which parents and guardians can take advantage of to ensure that their wards get the desired level of education. Read more
The Federal Government has debunked the report being circulated on the
social media of a bomb explosion at the South African High Commission
in Abuja on Saturday, calling the report fake news orchestrated by the
desperate opposition to cause panic and chaos among the populace.
In a statement issued in Abuja on Saturday, the Minister of
Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the video of the
purported bomb explosion, which is being circulated on the social
media, is that of the bomb explosion at Emab Plaza, near Banex, in
Abuja on June 25 2014.
The Minister said it is now apparent that the desperate opposition has
decided to use fake news and disinformation as handy tools in their
avowed determination to make Nigeria ungovernable, having lost
woefully at the polls. Read more