Sunday Service – 17th March 2019
What is evangelism? It is the zealous preaching of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to those who do not believe in him. If you evangelize, miracles happen and before you call on God, he answers. Evangelism is a commandment. It is also the use of Scriptures in expressing the will of God to people who never knew about it. It is spiritual procreation.
What is Glory? Glory is the opposite of shame. I am sure nobody wants shame. I pray that all of us will continue to swim in great glory. Glory is used to describe the manifestation of God’s presence. Winning souls attracts the glory of God to the soul winner. There is sure glory through Evangelism.
There are different types of Evangelism.
1. The pulpit: A situation where pastors stand and preach to the congregation.
2. Aggressive Planned Evangelism. You plan towards it and you meet people one-on one. In One-on-one evangelism, each encounter is distinct. You only need a little assessment of the hearer. For instance, if the hearer is hungry, you will not likely be productive in speaking to the hearer if you do not first address the need. Also, the preacher must not be selective of the people to talk to.
We must note that it is God who does the work, and only uses us as mouthpiece. It is the Holy spirit that does the conviction.
3. Passive Evangelism: In this scenario, your lifestyle does the preaching. Everybody is a passive evangelist. With your lifestyle, you either evangelize positively or negatively. It happens in our neighbourhoods, work places, families and environments. For our passive evangelism to be effective, we must not live double lives.
There are different methods that are used in evangelism:
1. Street evangelism
2. Morning cries
3. Bus evangelism: Evangelism in transport system.
4. Our lifestyle: Be kind, ready to help and listen.
5. Artistic preaching via drama and songs.
6. Booklet evangelism: Sharing of tracts and booklets and bibles.
7. Internet: Evangelism can be done via the internet by posting the gospel online via social media platforms.
8. Prison evangelism wherein inmates are met, and the gospel is preached.
9. Hospital Evangelism
Why must we evangelize?
1. It is a command from God and not a choice. Mark 16:15 says “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature”
2. Wisdom. Proverbs 11:30b says “He that winneth souls is wise” (KJV)
3. We are meeting with God when we preach (Matthew 25:32-40)
Outline 1: Evangelism, a master Key.
Evangelism is a key that opens doors to miracles (John 15:16). God has ordained all of us to go and bear fruits. When some people are stubborn and would neither submit to Jesus nor give their lives to him, but we must never give up on them.
Benefits of Evangelism.
1. Upliftment (Deuteronomy 28:1). You are uplifted as you evangelize.
2. Honour (1 Samuel 2:30). Those who honour God by obeying the call to evangelism will be honoured. There is no limit to the height a preacher can attain.
3. High productivity (Leviticus 26:13-1). Once you start evangelizing, you will be highly productive.
4. You will have the best of the land (Isaiah 1:19).
5. Companionship of the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:32).
6. Direction. We will have direction on what to do
Outline 2: Sure Rewards.
It will be so glorious in heaven for a preacher. There are many crowns to be worn.
a. Incorruptible crown
b. Crown of life
c. Crown of glory
d. Crown of righteousness
e. Crown of rejoicing
In Luke 16:17, God does not want anyone to perish. The bible says he who wins a soul is wise. We must do what God wants us to do and win souls into his kingdom.
1. PRAY THAT GOD WILL GIVE YOU THE GRACE TO WIN SOULS AND THAT THE SOULS WILL REMAIN.
2. PRAY AGAINST EVERY FORM OF LUKEWARMNESS AND LAZINESS.